Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tough Day

L1 has been sick for a while and has had contact with 2 cases of confirmed H1N1 (1 at school, 1 in soccer). So I decided to take him in today.

What I anticipated being a 30min visit turned into a several hour one. Tests, x-rays, and a slew of medications. Sixth Disease, asthma, eczema (which we knew about, just rare it flares up), respiratory infection, and on and on it seemed. It was after noon by the time we got out of there. L1 was AWESOME during everything. We haven't been going to fast food places much the past month or 2, but I decided since he handled everything like such a champ I'd treat him to lunch. He actually picked Burger King over McD's! Shocking for him. It was SO hard not to order myself a giant Coke, burger, and fries. Then sitting waiting on his food the smells just flowed from the restaurant into my car.

We came home and had a long afternoon getting set up with new meds and machines for L1. He didn't nap, too hyper from the drugs. There was a fire safety night going on so we decided to walk over to the park and check it out. The boys had a BLAST! Came home super sweaty and with lots of goodies. This is where my other challenge of the day was. There was free food. Hotdogs, burgers, and sodas. Nothing I can have. It smelled so good. Heck, I think most things smell good to me now. Just knowing I can't have them in a way makes me want them so much more.

I feel better now though. We just put the boys to bed and L1 asked me to stay with him a few minutes. L1 told me I was getting very small. I asked what he meant. He said "you ate and got a lot of weight. Now the weight is just leaving you. I don't know how, but it is." My 3 year old sees a difference already, that certainly put a smile on my face!!!



(If you want to read more about L1's ordeal I recently started a new family blog http://www.talkinaboutmyboys.blogspot.com/ )

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you! I love Burger King and I can only imagine how hard that was for you!

    ReplyDelete