Thursday, October 1, 2009

Grazing head hunger

I think a big part of what got me to be "morbidly obese" {yikes, did I really just write that about ME?!?} is the grazing. The eating when not hungry. The eatinv when bored. The kind of eating you do without thinking about it. Just a few minutes ago i found myself in font of an open frige. "hmm...maybe I should try some of that chicken noodle soup I made. Or go for that jell-o, afterall it does have the tasteless protein powder mixed in and I could use more protein for the day. Ugh no. I don't need to eat, I'm not hungry!" then I walked away *pats self on back*

At night, once the munchkins are snug in bed, the hubs and I usually take a seat on the couch. No matter if dinner was 1hr or 4hrs prior, we'd both make a stop in the pantry or frige for a snack first. Then turn on the TV, and thanks to the wonderful world of DVRs, be able to watch our favorite shows...snack in hand. No, we weren't hungry. We didn't need food. But we did it anyways. And it's a hard habit to break. Maybe tomorrow I'll grab my protein shake instead.

My biggest battle has always been the night time. I can diet well all day, then come night time forget it. 'Please pass the cookies! What...we are out? I'll make some new ones then!' Its ridiculous really. I know the nights will continue to be my battle. See, during the day I can do something else. Take the kids outside, run errands, etc. But at night I'm stuck in the house.

So how can I reverse this behavior?

Self control is going to be the biggest factor. Getting the hubs on board will be another help. And with weigh-ins the end of Oct he could use some help in that area too ;) I also think I'm going to start getting to bed earlier. It's rare the boys sleep past 6, 6:30 on lucky days. I don't get enough sleep when I'm not hitting the sheets until midnight or later. If I'm not awake, I can't eat! Well, I have been known to sleep walk a few times...but that was like 18 yrs ago or so!

And with that, I'm off to dream land. Hopefully it'll be dreams of the scale numbers continuing to drop off. -17 as of tonight!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment