Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday 10.05.09

Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post-op!

I am feeling a little better everyday. Instead of wanting to sleep constantly, I can't even sleep when I want to--go figure.

The scale numbers continue to dwindle. I meant to take measurements of myself before surgery but never did. I think I will tomorrow and just mark them down as being 2 weeks out. Then remeasure in a month. Then maybe I'll be able to tell more of a difference than just looking in the mirror.

I'm so fortunate that we have Tricare insurance! Last night I was curious to see if my hospital claim had been sumbitted and what the amount was for. All of that information is available through my account with them online. The claim had been submitted (and paid)--grand total for the surgery/hospital stay was $41,180.00. *gulp* Thank goodness we don't have to pay a cent of it! It's amazing how little Tricare actually pays out though. For that bill they paid $7,382.51. Then there are other instances when for a Dr visit it might be $190 and they pay $113 so it's not too far off.

L1 is pretty sick and I've been hoping not to catch it, but yesterday I had a touch of fever so who knows where it could be leading. Today I feel fine though. He's home from school today so hopefully some lazy time and good rest can knock it out.

Saturday L2 fell onto the train table and cut his armpit somehow. He was crying/screaming and running to me so I did what moms do, I picked him up. Ouch! The Dr told me at my 1 wks appt I could pick him up. Said it wouldn't hurt anything the Dr did, just might hurt me. Yep, it did! I'd picked him up before but it was usually when I was sitting so just pulled him up onto my lap or he was passed off to me from someone else holding him.

The nerves are beginning to come back to life it seems. I feel as though my left side is getting stung by a bee a lot. I've been using an ice pack sometimes to help it feel better.

Scale is at -24lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment