Sunday, November 29, 2009

Big week!

Wow, this past week was big--and FUN!

Monday the kiddos and I headed south to my parent's for the week. The hubs had to work and joined us late on Weds night...or maybe it was early Thurs AM.

When I left, my scale said I was at -48. So +2 of what I wanted to be by Thanksgiving. I weighed on my parent's scale, but forgot to until Wednesday--so wasn't sure how their scale and mine compared.

When we got home tonight I weighed, and am now -53!!! That's even at night and I usually weigh first thing in the morning. I don't think there are many people who can lose 5lbs over Thanksgiving week, especially with my Mama's cooking around.

Fri morning we did family pics and there were actually some decent ones of me. I didn't threaten to delete them all like usual. Except the ones that were just me and the bean poles (aka my mom and sis-in-law)...maybe one day I'll be close to them.

Saturday we went to Tampa to see the Miami/USF football game (Go 'Canes!). I had forgotten to do laundry the night before as I had planned so only had 1 clean pair of jeans to wear to the game. I put them on and right away felt like they were going to fall off. The other jeans I had were actually dirty, like stuff on them, not just I wore them the day before so they were dirty from just wearing them. So we left the house early and swung by Macy's. The Macy's in Ocala isn't large--esp the Women's department (can't wait until I'm outta there!). So I crossed my fingers and went in. Grabbed the cheapest pair I could find in 1 size smaller than the norm. Tried them on, wow--there was some room in those too! So I went and grabbed another size smaller, and they fit pretty nicely! When I checked out I think the sales clerk thought I was a little nuts because I asked if it was ok to put them on in the fitting room and wear out. I'm glad I actually tried them on and didn't just grab 1 size down. So these are 2 sizes smaller than several pairs of pants/shorts and even 3 sizes smaller than some things that I have!

I've never been to Raymond James stadium so wasn't sure what the seating was going to be like. Never really paid attention either when watching on TV (the hubs is a Bucs fan so we watch when they are on). Most of my sporting events experience have been college level (or high school of course), with just a handful of events that were either on the pro level or held in a pro stadium. For some reason I just envisioned bleacher like seating. We walk up to our section and I see arm chairs on the seats. The fat girl in me took a sharp breath in. Thinking how uncomfortable I was going to be. I sat down...and the only part of me touching anything was my bottom to the seat and my back to the back of the seat! No sides on the arm rests, no spilling out (gross I know lol). I looked down half-way in shock. There was even space on my sides!

During the week I had a few other "wow" moments. Culligan came and delivered new jugs of water. You know, the giant ones where the water alone weighs 41.75 lbs. Well as I carried them from the side porch to the pantry, I was thinking how heavy it was. Then I said, "WOW...this weighs less that what I've lost so far!" Another time was before we left the football game the hubs, the kiddos, and I went to check out the pirate ship. Of course it was a hike to get there. Then our car was parked on the complete opposite side. L2 ended up on my shoulders for the trek back to the car, and it was wearing me out. Little man is only 28lbs! I've lost almost 2 of him!

So it was a pretty great week for me. I got to see a lot of family, most who haven't seen me since a few months before surgery. It's almost embarrassing to hear the compliments, but feels great at the same time!

1 comment: