Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Well, I've basically made it through my first food-frenzied holiday.

Halloween...all about dressing up, having fun, and days of a sugar high.

Friday night we went to a party. It was so hard not to take a bit of a caramel apple or some of the other treats there. Tonight we took the boys trick-or-treating. Which means they came home with gobs of candy and dug in. We also had some left over from what we were giving out. The hubs kept snacking on some once the boys were in bed. Weigh-ins were Thurs and he passed so I guess he was giving himself a pat on the back. Finally I told him to stop! A part of me wants to just taste a Snickers, Skittles, etc, etc. But I know it would lead to me getting sick, which is something I don't want to do.

There is a lot of junk around here right now as a result of Halloween, and I can't wait for it to be gone.

Sometimes it is just so frustrating being so limited by what I can eat. Sure there is plenty that I can, but it seems most of it requires some preparation. I'm so sick of chicken at this point! I really need to sit down with the books I have and get some good recipes out of them. At the same time it's so hard to cook a meal then after 2-3 bites be full.

There are times where I wish I could just have a day off. Let me down a soda, eat a candy bar, heck even just finish a full plate of food! I know in the end the struggles will be worth it, but sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end.

It was a tough week emotionally. The Navy lost a T-34, which is what Dan will begin flying on Monday. The CG lost a C-130 in a collision with a Marine Super Cobra on Thursday night. I've been around aviation long enough to have lost friends in incidents before, but it never makes it easier. There were times I wanted to turn to the half eaten carton of ice cream in the freezer and let my sadness get to me through my stomach, but I couldn't.

It's all still a learning process. On the 5th I have my next post-op appointment. Right now I'm down 43lbs according to my scale, or 47lbs since the liquid diet began. Quickly approaching my first real goal!

Here is a pic of Dan and I on Friday night, proudly rockin' our Gymboree Gymmies!

2 comments:

  1. Morgan! It's Courtney. I've been reading your blog and OMG...how amazing! You look awesome! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete