Thursday, April 22, 2010

Non-scale victories

We live in military housing and had a few issues. When one toilet would flush it would suck everything out from the other one. Both bathroom sinks were backed up. Over the weekend ours had standing water in it, so the hubs broke out the plunger to use on it. Next thing I knew I was hearing sloshing in the kiddo's bathroom. Walk in there to see water coming up through the drain. Ew. So Monday morning I called maintenance and put in a work order. I also mentioned that my oven would randomly shut itself off when it was cooking and I wouldn't know it until the timer went off. So they came out and fixed the pipes. They said they would be back after lunch to put in a new oven. When they came back I had gone to pick up L1 from school but Dan was home. One of the mx guys said at first he thought I was my sister visiting from out of town or something because I've lost so much weight! Then they gave me a brand spankin' new oven-score!

Last week Dan got a new truck, much needed! We went ahead and bought car seats to put in his truck. Before we didn't take his vehicle anywhere, but now we will be using it some instead of mine all the time. The new seats were delivered today and we installed them. While I was in the back trying to do the tether I looked at Dan and said, "Gosh-I couldn't have done this 100 pounds ago that's for sure!" It was a pretty cramped fit trying to climb on top of them to tighten the anchors then put the tethers in correctly and get them tightened up too.

I'd write more but a certain cranky 2 year old is refusing to vacate my lap making it difficult!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! You'll be running 5Ks with me before you know it ;)

    ReplyDelete