Wednesday, April 7, 2010

101

101

No, not 101 like English 101 as a freshman.

101 as in 101 pounds lost.

I'm still in a bit of disbelief over it. Did the scale lie to me this morning? Not sure. I was too afraid to get off and back on to check.

I felt like I was stuck at 99 forever. Day after day, the same numbers stared back at me. Then all the sudden it dropped to 100. Then not even 24 hours later it was at 101. Hallelujah!

I looked back at my "before" pic today. The one that the hubs took right before we walked out of the door to the hospital. It wasn't a great pic of me to begin with, but what would you expect from me at 4am!? But it really shows me how far I've come compared to pics taken of me last week.

I'm still struggling about thinking about the future, not the past. I know I've written about it before. Still though, I see my old pics or think of my weight loss as 2 Logan's and 1 Landon and it is about nauseating. I just never saw myself that big. I didn't feel that big.

Crazy thing is now I'm not hiding from the camera or avoiding posting any pics of me on places like Facebook.

I haven't done my measurements yet for my 6 month mark, might just wait until 7 since I'm a little behind already. I have my 6 month post-op with my surgeon on Monday. I'm hoping he is pleased with my results like I am!

Soon I'm going to need to get a replacement rock for my finger. My engagement and wedding rings are just falling off. I don't want to pay to get them re-sized just yet as I'm hoping to continue to lose for a little bit longer. Now they hang up on the hook where my keys go so I slip them on before walking out the door.

It is a bit overwhelming being in "normal" sized clothing. Before only 2 handfuls made clothes in my size of which I'd buy from maybe half a handful. Most of my clothes came from 2 stores. Now I can walk into Macy's and buy just about anything. Almost any store in the mall I can shop at, except the ones where I used to shop at. I recently bought a dress for a ball the hubs and I will be attending in a few weeks. I didn't even know where to begin looking! I'd much rather have this "problem" then that extra 101 back though.

My hair loss has slowed way down, hooray! I'll just say I was thinning it out for the hot summer months. Oh...we're moving to Texas this summer! So I should say hot, hot, hot summer months!

I can't remember if I posted about us moving--we found out the end of February. This means I won't have my 1 year post-op with my surgeon but will have to find a new one who will accept another Dr's patient. Apparently some are hesitant to do so, but I'm hoping since I'm looking for a new one due to a military move they would be more willing.

So that is what has been going on in my corner of the world. About 24 more until my personal goal, here's to that!

1 comment: