Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year...

...a bit late :X


Wow, I cannot believe it is already 2010! Seems like just yesterday the world was freaking out about Y2K--can it really be 10 years later now?!

My family was very blessed in 2009. The hubs finally got the chance to pursue his dream job and I'm on the way to my ideal me. I hope 2010 is just as good!

Right now I'm holding steady at 72 pounds lost. The scale hasn't moved in about a week which is discouraging. BUT--it is expected. Many people who have had RNY stall every few weeks. During that time it is typical to not lose pounds, but inches. I may have gone over this before when I hit a stall earlier so excuse my repeating if that is the case.

Still, 72lbs in 3 months--that's freakin' awesome if I may say so myself! I am finally beginning to see it in myself and the difference. I cleaned out my closet recently and was left with hardly anything to wear that actually fit and wasn't just falling off me. For Christmas I was given several gift cards to Old Navy/Gap (thanks to my folks, sister in-law, and my bro/sil!). So, I've done some shopping!

We were in Tallahassee right after Christmas for a night and hit up the Old Navy there. I found 3 shirts for $3.99 each! Score! A few days ago I also placed 2 different orders from ON online, which were just delivered about an hour ago. I did it in 2 orders for coupon purposes. Used a $10 off $50 purchase on each went through Bing Cashback for another 25% off and got free shipping because I had a few $ left over to pay that I put on my Gap card, score! Here is what I got from my online orders:plan to return these first 2, color just isn't the same in real life and I don't care for it on me










So for all of those I only spent $73.10! Easy math--about $7/shirt! Plus I'll be taking 2 of them back.

I'm pretty happy with them. Once nice thing about ON online is they carry tall sizes. Yes, me at 5'8" ordering talls...don't scratch your head or wrinkle your nose too much. I was "blessed" with short legs so my height all comes from my torso. I don't think anyone (except maybe Eddie Bauer?) makes plus sized tall shirts. So now I can order a shirt in tall and know it'll fit (if not be too big ha) and know that I won't have to keep pulling it down or worry about the dryer shrinking it.

Remember back before I had surgery where I had bought some smaller clothes? Well they all fit now and I've even out shrunk (ha!) some of them.

I'm set for shirts now for a few months (assuming my weight loss slows a little now I'm getting farther out). Before long I'll need new bottoms--and hopefully by then it will have warmed up some and it can be shorts!

Speaking of warming up...I'm constantly cold now! It doesn't help that it's been absolutely frigid for Florida (in the single digits this morning, what the heck!?)! I'm not convinced the thermostat displays the correct temp though. I mean could I really be comfortable with the heat at 76/77? That's SO not like me. At least not the old fatter me :P

Off to wash those new shirts while the little ones are still napping!

1 comment: