Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Closet

My closet overfloweth.

It would be simple to weed through my closet and get rid of the many items that are too big. I've finally hit a point where I'll put on one of my favorite go-to shirts and it just doesn't look good at all, it's too big. So I've began slowly buying a few things here and there. This time of year I can still find some clearance on short sleeve things which has been great for the wallet lightening factor. I finally bought a 2nd pair of new jeans this week, I was tired of constantly pulling up the old ones and well--they were just getting too baggy and didn't look good on at all!

I need to clean out my closet. Get rid of everything I've out-shrunk. Problem is I'm having a hard time doing it. When you're big, you get used to having a week here or there that you might feel smaller or things fit a little differently. Maybe you've lost a few pounds and not even realized. Then you're also used to the weight coming right back on (at least, that's how it always was for me). I guess a part of me feels like someday I'm going to be as big as I was. That the weight loss is too good to be true, so I shouldn't get rid of the clothes because someday I'll be wearing that size again. I'm not going to let that ever happen, but there is still that feeling in the back of my head!

Maybe I'll get around to it today. You never know with me. Last night my little one was up during the night and I wound up cleaning our bathroom at 3am. Maybe tonight it'll be the closet, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment