Monday, February 22, 2010

5 months, 89lbs

Wow. 5 months post-op today!

It is pretty amazing at how much has changed in the last 5 months. I have lost 89 pounds that I will never find again, thanks goodness!

The weather is trying to warm up. Once it does that will give me a lot more motivation to get outside and on the move. It has been unusually cold here in Florida this winter, we even saw some snow!

My birthday is next week. For years my mom has always made me a strawberry cake with strawberry icing. I loved putting a plop (or 2...or 3) of vanilla ice cream in a bowl with the cake and mixing it all together. I think I just salivated a little thinking of it. So earlier today Mom asked if I wanted a cake (my folks are coming up the following weekend). Of course I do!!! I won't eat much, just a few bites though. I'm sure many post-ops would freak at the thought of eating a few bites of cake, but I'm not going to deprive myself of something. I think a lot of times when someone is totally deprived of something (sugar, sweets, carbs, or whatever) when they have some (which inevitably happens somehow), it is almost as though they can't control themselves and over indulge.

My hair is still falling out, which is depressing. I can feel that it is a little thinner but not too much. It always looks like a lot sitting on the shower drain but I know in reality it is just a handful of hairs all bent and folded so it looks like more. I hope it slows down and stops soon. Some people it takes about a year. Some people don't have it happen at all. So there really isn't any way of telling when my magical end time could be.

I'll be headed back to Dr. F. next month for my 6 month mark. It will probably be my last visit with him. We will find out on Wednesday if the hubs will be getting transferred to Texas to finish flight school or if he will be finishing out here. All signs are pointing Texas at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment