Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ups and Downs

Right now I'm feeling pretty positive about my choice to have this surgery.

The past week though, not always.

There were a few days I regretted it. I hurt, was tired, just didn't feel well. I told the hubs he shouldn't have let me do it.

Now I'm feeling more energetic and all over in a better place. I can get out of bed in the mornings (err, or after a nap lol) without needing someone to help me up. I feel well enough to go in the kitchen and fix myself something to eat. Not that I'm hungry, but know I need to eat.

So many people talk about "buyers remorse" with this surgery. I'm glad I had heard about it ahead of time so I didn't think I was totally off my rocker when those feelings hit me.

Things like sipping, not drinking with meals, counting protein, etc are beginning to be natural. Sure it's still tough at times, I think the hardest is not drinking while eating. I've always been one to drink a lot when I eat.

Right now I'm losing at an awesome rate. I know it won't keep up, but it is fun to see that every time I step on the scale the numbers are lower. Heck over night last night I lost a pound! I think I'm already beginning to see a little change in myself too, in my face. But maybe that's just my imagination lol.

This time last week I was in recovery. Seems like the past week has gone so fast...and so s.l.o.w. at the same time. I'm beginning to feel a little stir crazy being in the house. Tuesday night is typically girl's night and I'm hoping to feel up to going. But Landon also has a soccer game tonight (where Daddy will be the coach!) so that might wipe me out.

There are also the ups and downs when it comes to food. I never realized before how much our society revolves around food. I was looking through TIME magazine the other day and it seemed like every other page had a big picture of food. Most of the ads on TV are for food. Or maybe that's just how it seems to me now. There have been a few times where I thought, "man, that sounds so good, I want some!" Even though I'm not hungry. Which I think it what got me to the point I was at, something sounded/looked good so I ate it--hungry or not. For the most part though food hasn't been a big obstacle, yet. I'm sure as I get to feeling better and more "normal" it'll be though. It's also surprising how many WLS friendly recipes there are out there! Pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving? No problem! It'll be interesting to try all these new things. Also not only for me but as healthier options for my family.

Like I said, right now I feel good about my decision. Just hope this feeling keeps up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling more positive! Time heals all wounds.

    ReplyDelete